Knee joint brace with flexible splints and orthopaedic support EB-SK/A
Knee brace EB-SK/A is made of a structural material ProFit- meaning professional fit.
It is a 2-layer fabric, perfectly fitting patient’s body, stretching in all directions and modeling the limb- creating the, so called, second skin. The product was equipped with lateral shock absorbers which perfectly protect the knee joint. VELCRO tape is used for ideal fit to the knee joint.
Stabilizes the knee joint, releases pressure form the muscles, stabilizes the knee cap and releases stress form patellofemoral joint and ligaments. Maintenance of stable temperature and elastic pressure results in reduction of swelling, helps in healing of post-injury effusions and hematoma. Conditions of use must be stated by the doctor.
Purpose of use:
- after injury of the knee joint which doesn’t require immobilization of the knee (sprains or dislocations)
- chronic, complex instability of the joint
- in pain syndrome of the knee joint due to injury and degenerative changes
- In case of coexisting varicose vein, previous inflammation of veins, swelling of legs – use of the brace is possible only on specifically selected varicose veins knee-height socks or stockings with II* pressure
- In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) it is necessary to contact your doctor. The use of the brace is possible after a dressing is applied.
- The correctness of the use of the brace should be especially controlled in case of children, patients with memory failure and abalienated.
- Only properly selected, fitted and used brace fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause increase of problems with the joint, skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation - instruction regarding use of the support is given by the leading doctor of therapist.
- The brace is designed for walking- in case of longer sitting it is necessary to remove it;
- Long term use of the brace may lead to decline of thigh muscles – it is advised to do regular exercise to strengthen the thigh muscles;
- In case of swelling of shin or foot it is necessary to contact the doctor- usually the use of the varicose vain stockings is necessary;
- No kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the brace.
- Wrong maintenance of the product (insufficient washing and rinsing) may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating and development of bacteria.
- Hand wash in 30° warm water with soap
- RINSE THORUOGHLY
- Do not iron
- Do not use chlorine
- Dry far from the sources of heat